After Chelsea were knocked out of Champions League by Inter Milan, reports started to emerge that the Blues were going to overhaul the team this summer, and it certainly looks like there are going to be widespread changes.
It has already been reported that some of the current Chelsea players are going out the exit door at Stamford Bridge. According to the reports those are Deco, Ferriera, Belletti, Carvalho and maybe Joe Cole.
The players that are most tipped to be welcomed at Stamford Bridge include Sergio Aguero, Franck Ribery, David Villa, Fernando Torres, Angel Di Maria and surprisingly Bastian Schweinsteiger. But lets face the reality folks!.. No more than 2 of above mentioned players will be coming to Chelsea.
For me Torres is most likely to join us because of following reasons.
1. Young Talent – the most important need of the hour for Chelsea is that they need to sign young and promising players, because day by day the squad is getting older and older, and is making it difficult for us to compete with young squad of Arsenal and other teams.
2. He has Premier League Experience – This is one of the most important reasons that Chelsea will sign him. because the players who are used to the Premier league are much more preferable over those who haven’t played here (remember what happened with Shevchenko).
3. Less Likely To Join Other Clubs – The other clubs who can compete us in signing of Torres have their own misgivings, such as Torres is ex-Atletico player so he is less likely to join Real Madrid. Barca already have signed Zlatan Ibrahamovich for huge money so they will be least interested to sign Torres. Man Utd are going through their own financial worries so they also might not be interested in signing him. As for Man City, they already have half-a-dozen strikers in their artillery so unless Torres takes a mad decision to sign for them he is unlikely to be guaranteed first team football.
4. Liverpool’s Trophy Drought – Going season after season without winning a single trophy is not the key to hold your such prestigious talent. Torres is world class striker so he deserves to be in the team who wins the trophies. and this guy will also be hoping to become a part of winning team.
5. Liverpool’s Financial Troubles – The Scousers already have huge amount of debt on their head so they will not be actively present in the transfer market and need to reduce their wage bill. They might need to sell their most highest earning players , and Torres is one of them. With the current economic situation Chelsea are likely to be the only team (other than bottomless purse Man City) to satisfy their transfer demands. If Chelsea make a sizeable bid with substantial money then the Liverpool owners would be unable to resist the chance to reduce their debt.
So as the things stand Torres has every chance of joining the Blues next season.
Author: Malhaar Kale