Chelsea have had a very torrid season so far and find themselves in the 16th position on the English Premier League table after twelve league matches and are currently fighting relegation as they try to see what can be done to salvage the situation despite being the current defending champions of the English League title. They have also been sent out of the capital one Cup and have been woeful in the Champions League too.
The club manager has however been looking at a number of players to sign for the club and Marco Reus has been named among these players Chelsea are considering but the interest in this player is not so much. These are reasons why Chelsea must do all they can to ensure they sign Marco Reus:
- The serious drop in form of Cesc Fabregas and Eden Hazard means someone must be brought in to replace them quickly or brought in to help them quickly or Chelsea might not be able to get out this mess they find themselves.
- The constant indiscipline of striker Diego Costa this season has made him a magnet for yellow cards and red cards and also fights with almost every defender he has played against. Some are of the opinion that he should go enter wrestling and leave football if he is so intent on fighting. To make his matters worse, he has been going on and off with injuries too and this is also not helping. Marco Reus could at least help to score goals as a false nine with Falcao injured and Remy not doing good.
- Signing Reus will bring a massive boost to the club status and commercial records as fans will once again believe in the management and players.
- They can once again challenge for the top four positions in the English Premier League and maybe even miraculously win the title they are defending.
- Arsenal are also reportedly interested in the player and he might love to play for Arsenal but Chelsea obviously can pay him more than Arsenal can offer him.
It remains to be seen what happens with this player.