Chelsea could sign Brazilian Paulinho under the nose of Corinthians

Chelsea have been linked with the Brazilian holding midfielder over the past few months, and saw the player in action in Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Corinthians in the World Club Cup final.

It has come to light recently that Corinthians only actually own 10% of Paulinho’s rights. Chelsea would be able to approach the two parties who own the other 90% to come to an arrangement, and simply pay the World Club champions their 10%.

The Brazilian’s previous team Audax Sao Paolo own 45% of his rights, as do a banking company called BMG. Both of the owners have tried to court clubs into buying the midfielder, with Inter Milan and CSKA Moskow having come to agreements with either party, only to be told the other partner wont agree.

Corinthians have next to no influence if the two parties were to agree a fee with the Blues, and would be forced to sell.

It is presumed that both main parties will seek to receive in excess of £10million, and I personally believe David Luiz will be utilized in the midfield role, surplusing the need for a midfielder, and allowing Chelsea to invest in a central defender instead. I failed to notice Paulinho’s ability when watching the WCC final, and believe we could invest our money more wisely. Anyone disagree?

  1. Robert Ogege says

    I share ur views, he wasn’t noticed in our match with Corinthians, i would prefer we go for Fernandinho of Shaktar or Diame of West Ham

  2. kayode says

    Paulinho and luiz to replace mikel, lampard and ramires. Push ramires up front and mikel to d bench.

    I know emenalo will not allow it to happen cos he is keeping mikel from competition

  3. Ogunfodunrin Remilekun Adedayo says

    Mikel is still d best DMF in Chelsea though David Luiz is doing a good job in d same position but if Chelsea can grab Paulinho 4less than £25m, then, it’s a good deal.

  4. Bubble and Squeak says

    @Ogunfod-blah blah blah, or whatever your name is…David Luiz is a much better defensive midfielder than Mikel. Luiz has a brain, and technical ability, Mikel is good, but seems to have brain lapses, so can’t be trusted.

  5. Felipe says

    This is false information. Corinthians already owns 50% of Paulinho. Also, he is the best man in his position with a great attacking rate

Comments are closed.